CDTAC is the public college and technical institute advocacy group on national issues pertaining to trades and apprenticeship training, education and learners.
The goals of the Council are to utilize the combined capabilities of the CDTAC membership to:
- Provide leadership in promoting educational and career opportunities in trades and apprenticeship;
- Engage with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational systems and associations on strategic issues;
- Develop and share resources to improve the planning, development and delivery of trades and apprenticeship training and education;
- Support initiatives that complement the CDTAC purpose; and
- Work collaboratively with relevant sector councils, national initiatives, affinity groups and Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan).